Members, Mark your calendars!
The 2017 Messiah rehearsals will start October 24th.
October 24th, 31st, November 7th, 14th, 28th & December 5th will be Dress Rehearsal. Note: there will NOT be rehearsals on November 21st!
- Rehearsals are to be held each Tuesday, in The Main Sanctuary of Church of the Palms Presbyterian Church
which is located at 3224 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Rehearsals start promptly at 7:30 pm. So please plan to arrive 10 minutes early.
- Once you receive your membership card, please have it handy for rehearsal admittance each week
- For the sake of our sensitive members, **Please** refrain from using perfume, aftershave or cologne to rehearsals!!
The Dress Rehearsal will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 5th, with the orchestra and soloists.
- Please arrive & *be seated* by 7:15PM
- This rehearsal will not be open to the public, so normal daily attire will be suitable.
Our 73nd performance of Handel’s Messiah will be held at 4:00 pm on Saturday, December 9, 2017
- Please arrive dressed no later than 1:30 pm for staging and warm-up
- Park in the grass lot south of the Main Sanctuary.
- A room will be provided to store belongings but there are no dressing rooms.
♫ Store all purses, coolers, water bottles, etc. in the room provided (choir room), these items will not be allowed on stage.
- Sit by section in the pews until directed to come on stage for seating.
- Scores must be used with a black folder or have a black cover.
- Doors open at 3:00 pm.
- The performance will start promptly at 4:00 pm and run approximately 1 ½ hours.
♫ Dress Code is as follows:
- Ladies: white blouses with a high neckline and collar suitable for a tie, long black skirts or slacks with neutral stockings and black shoes.
- Men: White dress shirt with collar suitable for a bowtie, black suit or black dress jacket and black trousers (black tuxedo is OK), black socks and black dress shoes.
- ALL: **Please** NO flashy jewelry – including earrings…. or perfume, aftershave or cologne.
- Scarves and bow ties will be issued at the warm-up.
Please continue to check the website periodically for updates.
To apply for, or renew your membership and join in this wonderful experience visit the Membership page!
To get on our mailing list and receive news and updates directly, send an email request to email@example.com.